Monday, January 30, 2023

Book Review: Asteria: The Last Hope for Humankind by David Collins


     For years war, famine, and plagues have ripped across the world destroying it further. The only solace is the moon colony, Asteria. With the world president's plans to eventually bring everyone here there is some hope for a brighter tomorrow. However, Carla soon finds that there are more to Earth's woes than she knew before. Can she band with the rebels and save all that remains of humankind?

    I bought this book at the suggestion of the author....forever ago. I don't even know when. They suggested it to me, I added it to my list of books to eventually buy, and at some point bought it. I was looking for a random book to read before I got all the review requests that I have now and asked my husband to list a genre and I'd read something from that. He suggested science fiction and here we are. The book got set to the side for a little while once I had so many review requests, but it had nothing to do with how great or bad this book was. 

    In fact, I found this book, however short it was, to be very engaging. It is a fast-paced sci-fi that follows an engineer as she and a group of rebels uncover the secrets of the devastation on Earth and try to save everyone they can. I honestly can't say more than that without giving everything away. That comes with shorter books, though. Still, something that is very unique is this book comes equipped with it's own alternate ending. Make sure you read both so you know which you prefer!

    Action, adventure and, over-throwing the government all in one book set in a dystopian sci-fi scene. 

    This book is available on Amazon $1.99 by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment