Sunday, September 4, 2022

Book Review: The Extinction Trials by A. G. Riddle


     A group of people, seemingly randomly thrown together, in a post-apocalyptical world must figure out the best way to survive. They wake up in cyro chambers and are told they are part of something called the Extinction Trials. The world as they knew it ended long ago and all they have left is each other. They must band together and figure out what the few clues they have can tell them. Which of the remaining sides will they join or is there another option? 

    During the Summer reading challenge for Kindle they had a list of books suggested to choose from for one of their bookmark achievements. Since I really enjoy post-apocalyptic books I chose this one and have no regrets. I really like the twist ending. History definitely likes to repeat itself, I just hope this version ends better!

    Every character in this book brought something to the table. While the main characters were obviously Maya and Owen the others were much more than support characters. We had the grouchy bus repairman, the IT guy, the firefighter, the biology doctor, the ER doctor, and the child. While all from different walks of life their stories are intertwined to some degree before they were added to the Trials.

    This book gives a lot of Maze Runner vibes for me. Wake up in a strange place and try to survive. I know that is a vast oversimplification of events, but that is what it boils down to. That being said the book is enjoyable from start to finish! The Garden was a bit of a surprise for me and I can honestly say that I didn't expect this ending. I love being caught unaware in books!

    I am curious what will change for Owen due to the brain pathways. But, I don't want to say too much on that and give it away for you. You'll see what I mean when you read the book for yourself. This is definitely a post-apocalyptic sci-fi that is worth sinking your teeth into!

    This book is available on Amazon for $7.99 by clicking here. This book is available on Kindle Unlimited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment