Thursday, December 9, 2021

Book Review: Vork by Ava Ross (Mail-Order Brides of Crakair Book 1)


     Evie signed up to be a potential mail order bride to a race of green alien men after a night of drinking Tequila with her best friend. Since a disease wiped out most male humans and most female Crakarians the two planets have formed an alliance. When she is matched with the alien Vork she has 10 days once on his planet to decide if she would like to stay. Everything is so odd on the planet, but Vork is definitely an interesting man. There are so many different customs. When Evie accidentally offends someone it results in Vork having to attend a battle to the death. Can Vork survive this battle? 

    I found this book on Libby as a change of pace after an audiobook I didn't enjoy a while back. I paused listening to it for a while, then came back to finish it. I generally enjoy mail order bride books and alien books. Not really sure why, but I do. How alien species are portrayed interest me. This book was no different in that regard. I enjoyed the mail order bride aspect and it was interesting to see how the Crakarians were humanoid and yet different at the same time. 

    That being said there were some things I could not handle about this book. Not about reading it, although I did wonder if the author had ever actually had sex with someone large because their description was...not apt from my experiences. For instance as a water based creature humans depend on it for basically everything. Cleaning, drinking, cooking, everything. However they didn't use water for anything but plant food in this book and it was kind of disturbing. 

    The book did have some contradictions in it. Like Vork saying he didn't think humans could have the mate bond then his friend and prince's wife already has a mate bond although she is human. There was also a point when another human female said that Evie wouldn't care how many babies she was carrying of her mates when she was pregnant. I promise. When you are pregnant you definitely care about that. It is uncomfortable as hell. I couldn't imagine carrying multiples, let alone not caring about carrying multiples. 

    Other than that it was a good little alien romance. This book is available on Amazon for $3.99 by clicking hereThis is available on Kindle Unlimited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment